In 1864, Shimla was declared as the summer capital of British India. The climatic conditions attracted the British to establish the city in the dense forests of Himalayas. As the summer capital, Shimla hosted many important political meetings including the Simla Accord of 1914 and the Simla Conference of 1945. The colonial architecture and churches, the temples and the natural environment of the city attract tourists. 16kms from Shimla, at a height of 8,600 ft, Kufri is the local winter sports centre.
It is a heaven in disguise and also a beautiful honeymoon retreat. A visit to Kufri is a must due to its extremely well air quality index and breath-taking view of snow-capped peaks. For this reason, it is also referred as “snow lover’s paradise’’. Kufri is popular for its pristine landscape surrounded by coniferous forest providing a perfect spot for skiing. Kufri is also famous for its Himalayan National Park/Zoo, Indira Tourist Park, Mahasu Peak (highest in vicinity) and one of the highest amusement park in the world which is just a kilometre away from Woodays.
The resort has 16 luxurious rooms with plush interiors out of which 4 are duplex with an attic. It is a place for complete Himalayan rejuvenation which also comes well within your budget and provides you with personalized service according to your specific needs.
- Huts offer “best of both worlds”, i.e. luxurious plush interiors with all amenities and comforts but away from the unwanted hustle-bustle of city life.
- Huts are nice and warm as wood acts as an insulator and avoids the escape of heat from the room.
- Wood is a natural humidity regulator. Its moisture content always matches the ambient air, providing natural humidity stabilization and regulation.
- Wood generates positive feelings because of its warm and natural attributes, and evidence suggests that this can contribute to an individual’s overall sense of well-being.
- When comparing the fire safety of wood versus concrete or steel, wood is stronger than you might think. Although wood is a combustible material, a layer of char is created when it burns, and this helps to protect the wood and maintain the strength and structural integrity of the wood inside. For this reason, a heavy timber will stand longer than a comparable steel beam which will melt from the heat before the timber burns through.
- They are raw and traditional, thus providing us with a royal feel. Nordic/Scandinavian styled huts are aesthetic in looks and close to nature, making us feel at peace and reunite us with nature.